Attorney Robert H. Flynn provides Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services to other lawyers, including arbitration, mediation and neutral evaluation. Bob Flynn has served lawyers and their clients for fifteen years as a mediator and arbitrator in real estate cases, construction cases, partnership disputes, serious injury and death cases, business disputes, employment cases, contract and commercial disputes, insurance and business bad faith and 93A claims. Bob Flynn brings more than 40 years of experience preparing, trying, arbitrating, mediating, negotiating and settling these types of cases for insurers, self-insurers and claimants as a trial lawyer.
Profession: Mediator & arbitrator, acting as a neutral in the following cases and claims:
- Real estate, buyers, sellers, agents and brokers disputes
- Lease, commercial and residential, HOA and condominium disputes
- Partnership and trust disputes
- Construction disputes between owners, generals, suppliers, subs and professionals
- Insurance, bad faith and insurance coverage disputes
- Accident, tort, negligence, product liability, construction, bus, train, transportation, aviation and maritime cases
- Professional negligence including legal, accounting, engineering, nursing home and assisted living, medical and dental malpractice claims
- Employment cases
- Error and omission cases including architects, engineers, insurance and real estate broker cases
- Business, commercial and contract cases
Experience: Fifteen years as a neutral in dispute resolution: mediation, arbitration and discovery master. Court appointed in Suffolk, Worcester and Middlesex Counties in Massachusetts as an arbitrator and discovery master. Formerly, on American Arbitration Association panels. Decades of experience preparing, trying and settling civil cases for insurers, defendants and claimants. Fifteen appellate cases before the United States Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit; the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court; the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the United States Supreme Court (Application for Certiorari). Practical trial experience and a skill at listening and seeing consensus are Bob’s keys to guiding parties to settlement.
- AV rated Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyer Designation 2011- 2014
- Perfect 10 rating AVVO
Professional History: Trial lawyer representing insurers and claimants in real estate, construction, professional, employment, tort and insurance cases since 1973.
- Coast to Coast ADR, 2014 – present, Principal
- Flynn Law Firm, P.C., 2002 – present, Principal (MA only)
- Fay, Flynn & Fay, P.C., 1982 – 2002, Partner
- Hale, Sanderson, Byrnes & Morton, 1973 – 1982, Associate and Partner
Bar Admissions: Supreme Judicial Court, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 1973; United States District Court, Massachusetts, 1975; United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 1977; United States Supreme Court, 1995.
Professional Associations: American Bar Association (past TIPS Committee Chair); Massachusetts Bar Association; Boston Bar Association; San Diego County Bar Association; North County Bar Association; Formerly member of the following: Defense Research Institute (past Committee Chair); International Association of Defense Counsel; Professional Liability Underwriters Association; Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association; Norfolk Bar Association; Metro West Bar Association; American Association for Justice; Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys; and Transportation Lawyers Association.
Education: Boston College, AB, History, 1970; Boston College Law School, JD, 1973; Staff, Boston College Industrial & Commercial Law Review.
Publications, Appellate Experience and Speaking Engagements: “Essential Litigation Skills for Massachusetts Paralegals”, Institute for Paralegal Education, 2003, 2004; “The Legal Investigator as a Witness,” THE LEGAL INVESTIGATOR, August, 2000; “Organizing the Defense File,” THE PRACTICAL LITIGATOR, July, 1995; Speaker and Chair various seminars, programs and presentations at ABA Annual Meetings (TIPS), at DRI Annual Meetings and at local meetings and conferences including MATA and the Massachusetts Licensed Private Detective Association.
- Director, Northeast Accessible Golf Association (Past Chairman, Board of Directors)
- Host, “Talking about the Law”, weekly on WCRN, Radio 830 AM
- Wellesley Little League Parent, Coach, Manager and President
- Town of Wellesley, Town Meeting Member for many years; Affordable Housing Committee member; Town Finance or Advisory Committee member
Experienced. Prompt. Effective.